Selling a house is not an easy job, it can make you become desperate. The situation can even be worse if the need to sell that house is very urgent, that is if you have lost your well paying job and your mortgage payment has become so high that you can’t be able to afford anymore. Nonetheless, there are ways you can sell your house fast at a good price. The following are some of the quickest ways of selling a house:
1. Estate Agents
The best thing about estate agents is that they are very fast to sell your house. They also take 7-8 weeks more once your transaction has gone through to the solicitation stage. Estate agents rely on the method of cooperation of buyers, making the buying process complex and as a result most of the buyers are unsuccessful.
2. Quick House Sale Companies
Quick house sale companies work by negotiating discounts with you, the seller to get the agency fee. This discount allows a smooth and faster transaction because the discount is used to pay important costs like valuations. These companies always double checks contracts made with other agencies and they also guarantee no fee policy. This whole process can take up to one week if you accept their offer and then the solicitors will finalize the contracts. You should always make sure that you do not have any unpaid fee just in case your property is not able to be sold.
3. Selling at Auction
Selling your house at auction can take approximately one month, but you will be subjected to a non-refundable entry fee since the sale is not guaranteed. The buyers also expect to be offered a discount. Even If You Think I want to sell my house today.
4. Company discussion boards
This applies to the people who are working in companies. If you work in a particular company and you want to sell your house, make sure you make it known to your workmates by displaying the house that you are selling in the company’s discussion board, you can get perspective buyers from your company.
5. Drop the price
If you want to sell your house fast, have a research to know how houses like yours are being sold in market. Lower your price a little, this will attract many buyers and you might end up selling your house really fast.
Inquire from your friends and relatives if they know of someone who wants to buy your house, or if they themselves are interested in buying your house.
Reasons for selling a home
You may decide to sell your house because of many reasons. Below are some of the reasons that make most people sell their homes.
- 1. You can decide to sell your house because you want to move into a much bigger house or if you had children and they all moved out in search of greener pastures, you might want to go to a smaller house since you don’t need a big house.
- 2. When you are going through a financial crisis as a result of losing your job or declared bankrupt and so you are not able to pay the high mortgage rates.
- 3. You have found a much better house and you need to raise equity to secure the new mortgage.
- 4. When security in the neighborhood becomes an issue and now you want to move to a secure place.
- 5. If you have a debt, you don’t have any other source of income and you are not able to meet your repayment obligation. The only option will be to sell your house if the amount of debt is more than the value of your house.
- 6. You may also decide to sell your house if you have been transferred to work in a different place.
- Before selling your house always make sure that you are dealing with genuine agencies. Don’t sell your house in a hurry because there are greedy buyers who would make you sell your house at a loss. The greedy buyers will pressurize you to see how desperate you are and they can go to the extent of forcing you to sell your house at half price. Note that not all the agencies are greedy buyers; there are some professionals that their main aim to help and not to add misery to your situation.